Re: [Tails-dev] [Announcement] Test suite on Stretch|Buster:…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] [Announcement] Test suite on Stretch|Buster: please update your setup
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Announcement] Test suite on Stretch|Buster: please update your setup
Hi,

intrigeri (2020-08-17):
> Running Stretch? Please upgrade to Buster
>
> We've now supported running our test suite on Buster since almost
> 5 months. Now that Stretch is EOL, I would like to stop supporting it,
> i.e. start requiring Buster or newer to run our test suite: supporting
> Stretch to run our test suite blocks a number of improvements (#17842).
>
> So, if you're still running our test suite on Stretch systems:
>
> - Please consider upgrading to Buster.
>
>    If there's anything blocking you, besides available time,
>    please let me know.

>  - Does a 3 months delay to upgrade, starting today, sound reasonable
>    to you? If not, how much more time do you need?

A month later, nobody answered this ⇒ I'll assume it's OK to stop
supporting running our test suite on Stretch at some point after
2020-11-17.

> I'll coordinate this upgrade with sysadmins on tails/sysadmin#17731,
> since our Jenkins isotesters still run Stretch :)

As announced previously on this mailing list, Zen and I will do this
upgrade starting on October 22.

Cheers!