[Tails-dev] Maintaining Tails relevant Debian packages in De…

Author: nodens
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: Tails-support-private
Subject: [Tails-dev] Maintaining Tails relevant Debian packages in Debian - Gitlab role
Hey there,

since I'm in charge of maintaining some Debian Packages important to
Tails (supporting Foundation Team on this role), the Documentation [0]
used to state that if you have an issue with one of those packages, or a
problem in Tails that might be a problem in Debian, you should mention
me (@nodens) on the relevant issue from our Gitlab.

The idea is I to give me a heads up so I can have a look at it and act
accordingly.

The preferred way to do this now, is instead to mention

@debian-packages-maintainers

on our Gitlab.

Right now, I'm still the only person that will get notified. That said,
the rationale behind this change is that if I'm unavailable, if I'm
replaced, or if we end up having more than one person fulfilling this
role, there will be no need to change the documentation and habits of
people.

The said documentation[0] has been updated a while back to reflect this
change.

Cheers!

[0] -
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/roles/foundations_team/