[Tails-dev] Fixing Torrent files for 4.9

Author: Cyril Brulebois
To: tails-dev, tails-rm
Subject: [Tails-dev] Fixing Torrent files for 4.9
Hi,

So, I had some troubles generating + signing Torrent files (for some
reasons, my GPG hardware token refused my user PIN several times, and I
had to iterate/restart; see below for why those topics are intertwined),
and it seems the generated Torrent files are starting to download just
fine (as checked per release process), but don't let users reach full
completion; some issues with asc vs. sig files, which wouldn't be
entirely unrelated to the issues I encountered while releasing.

Would it seem OK for me to try and re-generate Torrent files (making
extra sure they contain the same kind of files as previous Torrent files
had, and not the apparently broken set of files they currently do)?

I'm not sure which part(s) might need some signing, but anything related
to signatures is flashing red alarms here, since it could invalidate
some reproducibility properties (our release process highlights that
once a given point is reached, the GPG hardware token must be stowed
away and never touched back). And I'm also not sure whether publishing
the new Torrent files with similar names but different contents could be
an issue (I'm no Torrent/DHT master).

Please let me know whether/how I should try and get stuff fixed.

Relevant part of the release process:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/release_process/#index16h1

Of the blue, I would expect uncoupling signing (already done, already
used to move data around on various servers, so likely OK), and Torrent
generation might do the trick, and generating new Torrent files without
resigning anything might work.

What do you think?

Cyril 'kibi' Brulebois (ckb@???)