Re: [Tails-l10n] new instructions for translators:

Author: Zen Fu
To: sajolida, Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] new instructions for translators:
Hi, thanks for your ideas.

We have already talked off list, and i'll update here about what's going
on:

  - We migrated to GitLab since last interaction, and my current idea is
    to move all issues related to translation platform to
    tails/sysadmin project. This has not started yet, i have to
    coordinate with other fellows working on this.

  - We created a milestone in tails/sysadmin to track issues to get
    Translation Platform into what we consider "production" state:
    https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/sysadmin/-/milestones/2
    (don't look now, it's empty till we do the previous item)

- We mapped all issues with priorities:

    - "High" priority:
        - Prevents translators from using the website to translate.
        - Security issues.

    - "Elevated" priority:
        - UX issues.
        - Basic functionality breakage (eg: rendering of staging website,
          updating main website, translation memory, etc).

    Note that the names above come from Redmine, and we might use
    different names in GitLab, but the idea is that "high" > "elevated".

  - With the current capacity, we hope to get *all* mapped problems
    fixed in 6-9 months (including lower priority ones). But I expect
    the ones with "high" and "elevated" priorities to be fixed much
    earlier. We'll report here as we make progress.