Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* mi…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* migration to GitLab
Hi,

Tom (2020-05-09):
> Hello, I just wanted to point out something to you people. Sourcehut
> has finally released and their entire platform is much higher quality
> than gitlab's. more portable too. It doesn't require javascript and it
> integrates with a mailing list and has built in CI support.

Thanks for this input.

With the migration to GitLab almost completed, we would need really,
really good reasons to change our mind and decide now to instead
migrate to another tool. So, I took a look the other day.

My conclusion is that while I understand how Sourcehut can be a very
good cultural fit for some FOSS communities, by and large it does not
solve the problems that made us decide to migrate to GitLab.
In particular, for most contributors, and especially new ones, it
would be yet another unfamiliar interface, with its own set of
concepts, to learn.

Cheers!