Re: [Tails-l10n] Some lint_po unhappiness

Author: Cyril Brulebois
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Some lint_po unhappiness
Cyril Brulebois <ckb@???> (2020-05-04):
> I think that's the first time I see so many complains at once… I'm a
> little concerned as there aren't translations that get refreshed, but
> stuff that's already in the git branch I'm working in, so I cannot
> revert/cancel the refresh for those files…
>

> Grouping them for comments:
>
>     ERROR: po/hr.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             E: python-brace-format-string-unknown-argument msgid 'Remove {package} from your additional software? This will stop installing the package automatically.': packages in msgstr but not in msgid
>             E: python-brace-format-string-missing-argument msgid 'Remove {package} from your additional software? This will stop installing the package automatically.': package not in msgstr while in msgid

> I think I've fixed this one a couple of times already. I'd be happy to
> have it be fixed for real.
>
>     ERROR: wiki/src/getting_started.sr_Latn.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             W: empty-file
>     ERROR: wiki/src/getting_started.id.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             W: empty-file
>     ERROR: wiki/src/getting_started.ru.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             W: empty-file
>     ERROR: wiki/src/getting_started.zh.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             W: empty-file
>     ERROR: wiki/src/getting_started.ca.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             W: empty-file
>     ERROR: wiki/src/getting_started.pl.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             W: empty-file
>     ERROR: wiki/src/getting_started.tr.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             W: empty-file
>     ERROR: wiki/src/getting_started.ar.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             W: empty-file
>     ERROR: wiki/src/getting_started.zh_TW.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             W: empty-file

> Maybe something specific to this file, either in the source or in the
> tooling?
>
>     ERROR: wiki/src/install/inc/steps/create_persistence.inline.es.po:
>         i18nspector is not happy:
>             I: duplicate-header-field X-Generator
>             E: duplicate-header-field-plural-forms
>       checked files are not clean.

> Some tooling bug, presumably?

Besides po/hr.po, I think I'll keep all other files as they are,
removing them entirely might lose us translations that *might* be
fine…

You can check the state of the stable branch if you want to get an
idea; but that branch will be moving today… so please check with me
before committing.

Cyril 'kibi' Brulebois (ckb@???)