Re: [Tails-dev] Force pushed stable branch by mistake

Author: Sandro Knauß
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Force pushed stable branch by mistake
Hi,

> The only exception I can think of is our translation platform, but it
> only cares about our master branch. I *think* that force-pushing to
> our master branch could cause significant trouble there.

In the end the weblate scripts do merge commits a lot, as they are aware of
two splitted heads, so if they detect that no fast-forward is possible they
merge against the new head. (the root cause of the splitted heads are that
Weblate do commits on its own without having always the up-to-date head). The
scripts taking care, that only po changes will added to the new branch.
Because we merged the two heads it is possible again to do a fast-forward
afterwards.

But this is only the theory - I never tested this and hopefully those force
pushes are that rare, that I will need to implement a test for it ;)

hefee