[Tails-dev] Force pushed stable branch by mistake

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Force pushed stable branch by mistake
Hi!

Today I rebased a development branch on stable and proceeded to absentmindedly typed "stable" again when force-pushing:

    git push -f origin stable

I.e. I force-pushed an old state of stable (cf9e208256acc3db931c51cd4df1066452c856c9). Oops! :S

Looking at the last job for stable on Jenkins it seems its previous state was 17973cc452ae76823d27a54de7c247e3b21ff94a so I have restored it to that state. So I think all is good now, but if it seems I lost some history, please let me know!

Also, I wonder if this force-push can have some other consequences on Jenkins (or other infra). It seems to me that restoring an old state should do nothing vs our garbage-collection mechanism, for instance, but I might overlook or not be aware of some other mechanism.

Sorry for the inconvenience!