Re: [Tails-project] [Tails-dev] Migration to GitLab: April 8…

Delete this message

Reply to this message
Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Public mailing list about the Tails project, tails-sysadmins
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] [Tails-dev] Migration to GitLab: April 8-10

intrigeri (2020-04-09):
>> Whether we can actually do the migration at that time depends on
>> a number of factors, including some that we have no control over.
> We have not reached the point of no return yet and there's still
> a possibility we abort the migration. Fingers crossed!

We just decided to abort the migration.
Redmine is back online.

During these 3 days, we've learned a lot and fixed a bunch of
problems. All this will be useful during our next attempt.

Next steps will be:

1. April 13: go through as many of the next steps of the migration
process as we can, without interfering with normal Tails
operations, up to the point when you can log into GitLab.

2. Ask you to take a look at the result of this tentative migration,
gather feedback.

3. Schedule time to:

     - Fix blocking problems identified in steps 1 and 2
     - Give the full migration process another try

Thanks for your patience and understanding,