[Tails-l10n] [Tails-dev] Tails 4.5 release candidate schedul…

Author: Cyril Brulebois
To: tails-dev, tails-l10n, tails-manual-testers
Subject: [Tails-l10n] [Tails-dev] Tails 4.5 release candidate schedule
Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <ckb@???> (2020-03-12):
> I'll be the release manager for Tails 4.5, scheduled to be released on
> 2020-04-07 (Mozilla seems to still agree :)).
>
> This is a major release, so it will be preceded by a release candidate
> somewhen late March. The details regarding the exact timing of the RC
> still need to be discussed (in an upcoming RM meeting). To be frank,
> it's a bit scary for me as it'll be the very first one (hopefully with
> some hand-holding if required).

Here's the tentative timeline:
- freeze to happen on 2020-03-22 at the latest; developers, if you have
stuff that remains to be merged by then, you're welcome to tell us
(on say tails-dev@ and tails-rm@) so that we discuss whether to wait
a little more, or whether to skip.
- release candidate to happen on 2020-03-27 at the latest, so that we
have some testing time for the release candidate before it's time to
think about the actual 4.5 release (planned for 2020-04-07).

Those will not be hard deadlines; we expect to meet them, but if for
whatever reasons it's not possible or practical, we might shift stuff a
little.

Cyril 'kibi' Brulebois (ckb@???)