Re: [Tails-dev] Why do not all dotfiles/folders get saved in…

Author: emma peel
To: Teqleez Motley
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Why do not all dotfiles/folders get saved in Persistent storage?
Teqleez Motley:

Please send next emails to tails-support@, this is the development channel.

We are working on making some of this settings persistent, see https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/5979 and related.

> (PS. I have ticked the option to save dotfiles in persistency, and this has been going on like this across many Tails versions now, both with upgraded USB sticks and new installations.)

Ticking the dotfiles option will not automatically save all your dotfiles. That will likely create troubles along different releases.

You have to save copy them to a directory, see instructions at:
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/persistence/configure/#dotfiles