Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Secure Boot, GRUB, an…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Secure Boot, GRUB, and overlayfs
Hi alienpup,

thank you for trying it out!

alienpup (2019-12-23):
> The only Windows 10, secure boot capable system immediately
> available failed to boot this image. Seconds into the boot process,
> a banner appeared advising "Device Authentication Failed".
> [...]

Ouch… "interesting"! I've looked this up online and could find
no occurrence of this problem.

I'd like to make sure I understand when exactly this happens.
Am I guessing right that it happens:

- after you've elected to boot from the Tails USB stick
- before you see the GRUB bootloader with the Tails logo in the
background

?

Also, how did you install our experimental USB image on this USB stick?

It would be interesting to know if Debian boots on this machine, with
Secure Boot enabled:

https://get.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/weekly-live-builds/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-testing-amd64-gnome+nonfree.iso

> The system in question is an HP Spectre laptop. Output of command
> lspci -nn is attached.

That's a good start. The output of the following commands would help
me identify this computer more precisely and look the problem up
online:

sudo dmidecode -s system-manufacturer
sudo dmidecode -s system-product-name
sudo dmidecode -s system-version