Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Secure Boot, GRUB, an…

Author: MisterWS
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Secure Boot, GRUB, and overlayfs
I followed these steps for testing on a MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2019 (MacBookPro15,2).

With Secure Boot turned on (Full Security):

• Tails boot menu did not appear on start-up. Apple logo appeared, and after a while, system opened in Recovery Mode, with dialog: “Unable to verify startup disk. Try again or select another startup disk.”

With Secure Boot turned on (Medium Security):

• Tails boot menu did not appear on start-up. Apple logo appeared, and after a while, system opened in Recovery Mode, with dialog: “The version of macOS on the selected disk needs to be reinstalled. Use macOS Utilities to reinstall macOS or select another startup disk.”

With Secure Boot turned off (No Security):

• First time attempting to boot in this mode, Tails launcher did appear, and start booting - however, notebook reset before GUI loading screen could appear. All subsequent boots showed same dialog as ‘Medium Security’ above.