Re: [Tails-project] Mission and values (#16539): please comm…

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Mission and values (#16539): please comment!
Hi!

u:
> On 19.08.19 13:57, sajolida wrote:
>> segfault:
>>> sajolida:

> It's really great, thank you very much for condensing all of these ideas
> into one document :)

Thanks :)

>> I'm now wondering whether I should:
>>
>> * Clarify those traits with some text, à la Mailchimp.
>> * Use different traits.
>> * Move them to a different document.
>> * A combination of all that :)
>
> I was also a bit disturbed by the words "elite" and "ideological", which
> have a variety of connotations.

Instead of "Ideological", would "Political" be any better?

Instead of "Elite", would "For experts" be any better?

> - I like the slider spectrums per se, so I wonder if these words can
> simply be replaced with synonym words.
>
> - But! I loooove the sentences that you've come up with a lot too :) So
> for me, both representations should exist. The sentences make the
> sliders clearer, they explain, they add value.

Ok, so I merged both in 535c594eaf.

The matching between the paragraphs and the sliders is slightly
arbitrary but not totally. For example, "Impartial" vs "Ideological"
doesn't correspond to the 1st paragraph, but "Playful" vs "Serious"
does. It hopefully helps to illustrate a bit the paragraphs while
keeping a compact and balanced layout. I wasn't sure how to do better.

> As intrigeri said however, they might be more at home on a "style guide"
> page.

I understand that, especially with the name I ended up giving to this
page. I didn't do this change for now though because:

- It was more work
- The writers and designers who should to read the style, should also
read the mission and values first anyway as they are heavily linked.
- The rest of our documentation for designers is a pretty mess right now
and I didn't want to open a big can of worms.
- It was the original intent of this work to put in articulate "le fond
et la forme".
- The work I already did makes it easy to do this change later on.

But if someone still feels strong about this, I really don't mind doing
another commit for that :)

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/