Re: [Tails-testers] ***Urgent possible major security flaw, …

Author: segfault
To: tails-testers, joesmillatharilla
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] ***Urgent possible major security flaw, please read***
Hi,

Joe Dilla:
> Hello, recently a couple very popular mainstream adblocking extensions were
> exposed as scams - the developers were using the plugins to make millions
> off of unsuspecting users. One of these extensions is Ublock origin, which
> we currently have enabled in TAILS/TOR.
>
> Here's an article:
>
> https://threatpost.com/malicious-ad-blockers-for-chrome-caught-in-ad-fraud-scheme/148591/

The article states that Raymond Hill's uBlock Origin (which we ship in
Tails) is not affected:

    The two extensions in question–AdBlock by AdBlock Inc. and uBlock by
    Charlie Lee—have names similar to existing ad blockers AdBlock by
    getadblockand uBlock.org’s uBlock or Raymond Hill’s uBlock Origin,
    Meshkov wrote.

Also, as Muri wrote, this is not the appropiate mailinglist, I think
tails-dev would be appropriate.

Cheers