Re: [Tails-testers] Error report 4.0 beta 2

Author: intrigeri
To: András Gaál, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Error report 4.0 beta 2
Hi András,

András Gaál:
> Please see these picture as part of my error report.

Thanks for your feedback!

> Tails 4.0 runs amazing but there is an error message at startup

I understand this is about the "ACPI Error" one can see in
https://ibb.co/vBKskQG. If the only symptom is displaying this error
but Tails otherwise works fine, it's OK: you can safely ignore this
overly noisy error.

> and cant create presistent volume.

I understand this is about "Device /dev/sdb was not created using
Tails Installer" that one can see on https://ibb.co/jHGQwJf.

First, this error message is misleading in that our main USB
installation methods don't use Tails Installer these days.
I've filed this as #17025.

Second, refusal to create a persistent volume here could be either
a bug, or the expected behavior. It depends on how you installed
Tails on this USB stick. More specifically:

- Did you download the USB image or the ISO image?
- What software did you use to install Tails?

> The rest seems to be working great for the first time on my Macbook Pro mid 2014.

Woohoo, great news!