[Tails-testers] Success report: upgrading TDK and Toshiba US…

Author: Teqleez Motley
To: Tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Success report: upgrading TDK and Toshiba USB 3.0 sticks from Tails 3.15 to 3.16 with ASUS laptop (i5)
Success report:
I just upgraded 2 Tails from 3.15 to 3.16 using an old ASUS laptop (i5), one TDK stick and one Toshiba, both USB 3.0, with no issues, everything smooth, and no startup delay on the subsequent reboots.

They have successfully (also without issues) been upgraded previously from 3.13 etc.

I received a message about needing to do a manual upgrade due to lack of disk space on the stick, but I opened the Tails partition of both those sticks on another OS and removed the older .squashfs files form the "live" folder to free up over 1gb disk space (except the latest *.squashfs file - version 3.15), and then I was able to do a normal upgrade.

Both sticks were using Persistency, and it was open during the upgrades.

--
Regards,
Teqleez