[Tails-project] #16886: Stop spam on our public mailing list…

Author: sajolida
CC: tails-foundations, tails-bugs
Subject: [Tails-project] #16886: Stop spam on our public mailing lists
Cf. #16886,

We receive a lot of spam on our public mailing lists. It's actually most
of the traffic these days:

* https://lists.autistici.org/list/tails-ux.html: 95%
* https://lists.autistici.org/list/tails-dev.html: 70%

I think it's a problem because:

* It might put off contributors
* It might weaken the trust people will build in our infrastructure
* It might be a security problem for contributors as it very often
include phishing attempts

How can we solve that?

One of the solutions I propose on #16886 is to activate moderation on
all our public mailing lists. I already did this on tails-ux@ and it
worked: it's been a spam-free zone for 10 days now.

Should we do that for the other mailing lists?

It could then be the responsibility of different core teams to moderate
different mailing lists:

* tails-dev & tails-testers: Foundations team
* tails-ux: UX
* tails-l10n: ???
* tails-project: Help desk

Foundations team, Help desk: what do you think?

Please answer on tails-project@.

--
sajolida