Re: [Tails-ux] Onionshare button in Nautilus is problematic

Author: u
To: dolphins0000, Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Onionshare button in Nautilus is problematic
Hi!

> I would request that this should be made more foolproof for newbies. I propose some kind of option to remove that button from Nautilus at boot, perferably without having to give root access to it. Some kind of command to toggle that button on and off to be not visible there would be good, or maybe even remove it entirely. Any experienced person who needs Onionshare will just access it from the Applications menu, and any person who doesn't need it, it just stands in the way, and it can create many unintended consequences.

I tried this with Onionshare 2.0 (not yet in Tails, but will arrive with
Tails 4.0).

When I click "Share with Onionshare", I still have to start the onion
service, it is not started automatically.

And then I would still have to communicate the address of the onion
service (the address needed to download these files) for this file to be
accessible over the internet.

→ I do not see a problem with this. The right click in Gnome is there
for convenience, and fast actions and that's what it does.

Cheers!
u.