[Tails-dev] Macbook Keyboard and Touchpad Solution with the …

Author: Never Nada
To: tails-dev@boum.org
Subject: [Tails-dev] Macbook Keyboard and Touchpad Solution with the SPI driver
Hey Guys,

As you know, on Macbooks Pro from 2016 and Macbooks 12, the keyboard and touchpad does not work after booting Tails.This is a long standing Tails issue cause it had to do with Linux itself. Many new Tails users posted topics about their keyboard and touchpad problem after booring with modern Macbooks.

I think Tails should consider adding this Apple SPI Linux driver that is used by many people already:
https://github.com/cb22/macbook12-spi-driver/

I think it would help a lot of people. It worked for many Debian and other Linux users, but cause Tails is amnesic, the driver have to be installed by the Tails dev. This solution works so well now that it will be added to the [Linux kernel](https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-Finally-MBP-Key-Touchpad) soon. But waiting for Debian to have this in the kernel could take more than a year. So, installing the driver by Tails would really help a lot of people.

Can this driver be added to Tails? I don't think it take much time to install and test it.

Thanks in advance!