Re: [Tails-testers] TAILS FAILS TO START A SECOND TIME

Author: segfault
To: lupi.claudio, Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] TAILS FAILS TO START A SECOND TIME
Hi,

thanks for your report.

lupi.claudio@???:
> Tails (13.3.1) fails to start a second time and no other system can boot from USB.

I'm not sure I understand, do you mean that also no other machine can
boot the Tails USB stick?

> The USB stick is no longer listed in the Boot Menu. The only way to have the USB listed again in the boot menu for me is to disconnect all the hard disks and reload the BIOS from a CD.

What do you mean with reload the BIOS from CD? And after doing that, the
Tails USB stick is listed again? Does it also boot?

As far as I can tell, you seem to be affected by the "second boot issue"
which we are currently trying to gather enough data on to find a working
fix, so it would be great if you could help us with that. Please try if
one of the two methods listed in
https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.12.1/#index2h1 fixes this issue
for you and report back.

Cheers