[Tails-testers] Call for testing: Linux kernel upgrade (#165…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Linux kernel upgrade (#16552)
Hi,

I'm considering upgrading the Linux kernel in Tails 3.13 and I need
your feedback to know whether it'll fix more problems than it will
break stuff.

So please:

1. Download an experimental image from:

     https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_bugfix-16552-linux-4.19.28-force-all-tests/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/

2. Install it on a USB stick: https://tails.boum.org/install/

3. Start a computer from that USB stick, connect to Wi-Fi, play around
a bit.

4. Gather information

   - If you see no difference compared to Tails 3.12.1, jump to
     step 5.

   - If you do spot a regression or an improvement compared to Tails 3.12.1,
     then test another experimental image downloaded from:

       https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_stable/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/

     Take note of how the two experimental images you've tested compare.

5. Report back

Please include:

    - The full filename of the experimental images you've tested.
    - The brand and model of the computer(s) you've tested.
    - If you're comfortable running commands in a Terminal:
      the output of the "lspci -nn" command.

Thanks a lot in advance!