Re: [Tails-testers] #16389 / additional symptom on the issue…

Author: segfault
To: nagasawa, Tails list for early testers
CC: takuo
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] #16389 / additional symptom on the issue/ tails fails to start a second time on some computers
Hi Takuo,

nagasawa@???:
> Dear u, here, Takuo reporting additional symptom concerning the different coming-out between ".img" and ".iso"
>
> In the meantime, I've tried the experimental image with ".img" extension to create a 3.12.1 bootable USB-key.
> -> tails-amd64-bugfix_16389-recompute-chs-3.13-20190308T1708Z-af998d063a+stable@???
>
> It won't boot for the second boot.

Thanks for your report. Could you describe what happens when you try to
boot it the second time? I suspect it shows an error message "Unable to
find a medium containing a live file system", is that correct?

> It might be interesting finding why with ".iso" version works, and

".img" version won't.
> It seems to have some relation with, because since 3.12.x, you publish

the stable bootable image with ".img" for the stable version.

The issue on the second boot only affects the USB image (the ".img" file).

Cheers