Re: [Tails-project] Logo Usage

Author: u
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Logo Usage
Hi!

TheNerdyAnarchist via Tails-project:
> The current subreddit (r/tails) appears to be abandoned, as the sole
> moderator has been missing-in-action for over 6 months. I am planning on
> making a new subreddit for folks to post Tails-related news, get support,
> etc, and I was wondering if it would be allowable to use the logo on the
> tails.boum.org website in the sub's header.
>
> There will, of course, be clarification in the sub's sidebar that states
> that it is not "official" and is not associated with Tails as a project.
>
> I can certainly go with something else in terms of design if this is not
> allowed, but I figured it would be worth taking a shot to see if it would
> be.

First of all, thank you so much for contacting us and thank you for
proposing to set this up and invest your time.

Our logo is published under a GPL license, so you may reuse it.

However, as you propose, I think it would be good to mention that the
subreddit is not an official Tails support channel.

Can we or our help desk keep your email address as a contact point, in
case we might want to communicate with you, or point people to specific
workarounds for bugs?

Cheers!
u.