Re: [Tails-testers] usb test

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers, bubub
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] usb test
bubu:
> try installing tails with the img image on sandisk ultra 16Go with Le
> novo T500.. using debian 9
>
> finding bios boot is ok;>
> Tails greeter appear, but tails begin only on "trouble shooting mode".
>
> Trying to change the command line "_quiet ......." with "edd=off" or
> "debug nosplash" change nothing.. just give the "cursor ( _ )" a short
> time and a black screen..
>
> With " trouble shooting mode" the 3 squares appears and tails begin..
>
>   ---Note--
>
> On my tails key happen (exactly) the same since the update of tails 3.11..
>
> Always with a Le novo T500 with a Emtec 16 Go usb stick, made this
> summer (august, so Tails 3.8 I think) by command line with debian.
>
> It was begin on normal way of the "tails greeter" until the last
> update.. Since it's only possible to begin tails with the "trouble
> shooting mode"; trying change the end of command line (delete "_quiet",
> and add "edd=off" or "debug nosplash" or nothing) is not usefull too,
> give only a black screen ( I spent maximum 30 mn to see if something
> happen). The persistent sorage still work good..
>
>   Hope to be usefull.. greatings..

Thanks a lot for reporting your findings. And sorry about the troubles
starting on your Lenovo.

I think that you've been hit by a very frequent problem on 3.11 with IBM
graphics cards. See https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.11/#index2h1

So that's the bad news. The good news is that it seems like the USB
image worked fine for you since you managed to get to the boot screen
and got the same (buggy) black screen.

This will be fixed in 3.12 (but it's not fixed in the beta for testing
USB images).

--
sajolida