Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese translation [was: git.tails.boum.or…

Author: emma peel
To: Tails localization discussion, psychi
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese translation [was: git.tails.boum.org aka. git-tails.immerda.ch is moving]
psychi:
> sajolida,
>
>     Thanks a lot for your feedback. I got your idea.
> Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese are basically mutual
> readable/understandable. And now my work and jx's are now mutual converted
> via a sort of software (opencc). So we both work on our own half of the
> text and then convert them e.g. Simp. <--> Trad.

> If only one option(sub-language) can be shown on the Tails website, this
> might be a tough question. My idea is Simp. Chinese which is used by people
> in mainland China -- where most sophsicated censorship and surveillance
> implemented.

Both languages could be eventually shown, but for now we dont have enough translators I think

:D

> Jx, let us know if you have any ideas :)
>
> ヨイツの賢狼 ホロ ,
> Actually I am MDrights, being active in various GNU/Linux groups on
> IRC/Telegram, and L10nLab's Mattermost as well :)

I have tried a while ago to add in a simple way this contributions to our platform,

https://translate.tails.boum.org/languages/zh_TW/tails/#overview

https://translate.tails.boum.org/languages/zh/tails/#overview
(i need to change this to zh_CN , simplified)

But I can do it better now.

A lot of the content is there already, please let me know if you see something missing.

I cannot seem to find a way to import all the translations easily and some document may have been forgotten or overlooked.

Please look at the suggestions too!