Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-testers 3.9 rc-1] Serios Video pl…

Autore: intrigeri
To: alienpup, tails-testers
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-testers 3.9 rc-1] Serios Video player issues
Hi alienpup,

alienpup:
> I'm experiencing serious problems with the "Videos" application in
> 3.9 rc-1 on two platforms available to me for testing. On both
> platforms, the app fails to render both local video files and video
> on commercial DVDs.

> When a file or disk is selected in the file manager for playback,
> the video app starts in the usual manner. It appears in the top
> status bar with a busy indicator. In either case, audio playback
> begins normally, but video does not. Most of the time the video
> app's "screen" never appears at all, and within 30-60 seconds of
> audio playback,the video app closes. It can be restarted, but the
> results are identical.

Thanks a lot for this report!

I'll prepare (at least) one test ISO that reverts some of the likely
changes by the end of the month. Can I count on you for testing it on
these two laptops?

FTR I'm tracking this regression on
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/15821