[Tails-testers] [Tails-testers 3.9 rc-1] Serios Video player…

Autore: alienpup
To: tails-testers, intrigeri
Nuovi argomenti: Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-testers 3.9 rc-1] Serious Video player issues
Oggetto: [Tails-testers] [Tails-testers 3.9 rc-1] Serios Video player issues
intrigeri and Tails testers,

I'm experiencing serious problems with the "Videos" application in 3.9 rc-1 on two platforms available to me for testing. On both platforms, the app fails to render both local video files and video on commercial DVDs.

When a file or disk is selected in the file manager for playback, the video app starts in the usual manner. It appears in the top status bar with a busy indicator. In either case, audio playback begins normally, but video does not. Most of the time the video app's "screen" never appears at all, and within 30-60 seconds of audio playback,the video app closes. It can be restarted, but the results are identical.

Note that if installed on either platform, VLC player renders both video files and disks without any problems.

Platform 1: Lenovo Thinkpad T410

$ lspci -d::0300 -nn
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0046] (rev 02)

Platform 2: HP Pavilion dm4-2015dx

$ lspci -d::0300 -nn
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09)

Under Tails 3.8, the video player loads and plays successfully on both platforms, with what I'd characterize as mediocre performance, the Lenovo outperforming the HP.

I have submitted WhisperBack reports from each platform, requesting cc:intrigeri.

alienpup