Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.9~rc1

Autore: intrigeri
To: number1stunner, tails-testers
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.9~rc1
Hi,

number1stunner@???:
> Tails 3.9~rc1
> Please fix the bookmarks menu like it used to be.
> There are to many steps now to reach your bookmarks.

Thanks for your report.

Indeed, the path to bookmarks via the "hamburger" menu is one step
longer ("Library") now.

Pristine Firefox 60 is configured to display the "Library" button by
default next to the URL bar, so bookmarks are two clicks away, just
like they were in Tails 3.8.

Note that you can still:

- press "Alt" to display the menu bar and then the bookmarks menu is
one click away → total = 1 key press + 1 click
- start typing the name or URL of your bookmark in the URL bar,
and the right one(s) will be proposed
- type "CTRL + b" to open the bookmarks sidebar

Is this good enough for you?

I don't think we can restore the hamburger menu to make it look like
it used to in Firefox 52 / Tor Browser 7.5 / Tails 3.8. What we might
be able to do is to add the Library button next to the URL bar so that
bookmarks (and downloads) will be 2 clicks away. However, I'm not sure
if we can implement this in a robust manner in Tails itself, and Tor
Browser upstream likely won't want it until they change their mind
wrt. supporting bookmarks. So don't hold your breathe :/