[Tails-testers] veracrypt test

Author: Guy
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] veracrypt test
veracrypt test

Hi,

I have just tested the Veracrypt support in tails 3.9 beta.

At the first try, I was puzzled at the request for a second password. I had not used tails before and would have thought that an admin password would not be required when in Live boot mode. I RTFM and rebooted with an admin password.

Both options in the Veracrypt mount utility, mount container and decrypt volume did the same thing for me...I have an encrypted partition.

Once I had decrypted the partition and opened the listing in file manager, Tails locked up.

Happy to run more tests if you would like any further information.

Cheers

Guy