Re: [Tails-testers] Veracrypt feedback

Author: segfault
To: Tails list for early testers, Gordon Kralovetz
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Veracrypt feedback
Hi,

Gordon Kralovetz:
> We downloaded the beta and like all the other things we've tried, nothing happens.  We checked several forums on the internet to see how to find our trucrypt or veracrypt files and nothing has worked.  In fact, everything that we tried did not work.  We cannot type in the commands properly or the system does not recognize them.  Tails can see the other USB devices, but the encrypted ones do not show up at all except in the disk section.  We downloaded the Iso file onto a USB and we can see it sitting there, but no command we can think of lets tails do anything with it.  We have done the same with veracrypt files with the same result.

I'm not sure I understand what you tried. It sounds like you tried to
open the ISO for the beta from your existing Tails installation. That's
not how it works. You have to download the ISO image for the beta and
install it on a USB stick or DVD (just like your regular Tails) and boot
from it.

Cheers