[Tails-testers] VeraCrypt

Author: Stuart Rooney
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] VeraCrypt
I am not a Tails pro; just an average user. I had never taken the downloaded
ISO to a USB stick directly before. For manual updates, I always burned the
ISO to a DVD and then cloned the system to my USB stick from the DVD. That
way I had a backup if the stick ever failed. Unfortunately, when I formatted
my new 32 GB USB stick, I encrypted it. I am not able to make the system
load to that stick and I cannot get the encryption off it to test. My
VeraCrypt files are all very large and would not fit on an 8 GB stick. I did
have an old 8 GB stick I could use and I formatted it without encryption. I
was able to move the system onto that stick but I cannot load my VeraCrypt
files there as they are too large. If you can tell me how to get the
encrypted 32 GB stick unencrypted or get the system to load to an encrypted
stick, I will complete my testing. I tried reformatting the encrypted stick
but that did not work for me.