Re: [Tails-dev] DeepOnion project

Author: Alexandre Trottier
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] DeepOnion project
While I don't know particularly much about deeponion other than what I've
read was that tongue in cheek? They are absolutely a thing. Tails includes
electrum (or at least it did the last time I used it) labelling all crypto
currencies a pyramid scheme is a pretty bold statement.

If anything it would be beneficial to the purpose of tails. How are
dissidents in countries like Iran or Syria supposed to get rewarded for
particular work without going through government channels that those
oppressive regimes would be able to monitor?

Maybe not DeepOnion but to me it makes sense for tails to integrate with an
anonymous cryptocurrency whether that's DeepOnion, Monero or what have you.