Re: [Tails-l10n] [review]FAQ and some updates

Autore: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-l10n] [review]FAQ and some updates
intrigeri:
> sajolida:
>> If it's about reviewing that the website builds correctly, then I do
>> this when merging such branches and intrigeri probably does that too.
>
> I don't.
>
> I see my job merely as a security boundary (i.e. checking that only
> *.LL.po files are modified and that the review process was followed),
> not as a technical or content reviewer.

Ok.

> I expect the branch submitter and reviewer to test that the submitted
> changes works fine (at least it builds, looks fine in a browser, and
> ideally running check_po.sh). To me having a third person do these
> checks is busywork with very limited value; IMO your Tails time and
> mine are more useful in other places :)

Ok, so I'll change my habits and stop checking the branch for errors in
the build. This might lead to very occasional breaks of the production
website but I'm fine with that trade-off.

> In passing, when we push to the official repo we should notice if the
> build fails. But that useful info may be hidden deep in tons of other
> noisy, useless messages :/

These are extremely noisy and full of errors that are irrelevant.
I stopped reading them years ago and instead focused on making such that
my build worked locally before pushing.