Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.6~rc1 issue: Administrator passw…

Autore: bertagaz
To: hj.berkendyke, Tails list for early testers
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.6~rc1 issue: Administrator password set, session auto-locks - unable to unlock
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 02:09:16PM -0500, hj.berkendyke@??? wrote:
> > Did you try several times and could never unlock the screen using your
> > administration password?
> I did - after unsuccessfully trying to unlock the screen using
> 3.6~rc1, I had attemped to login using a text terminal (Ctrl+Alt+F3),
> but to no avail. The Administrator password that had been set, was
> used in the same session to mount a virtio filesystem (9p). I had
> rebooted my machine, and ran into the same issue again in that
> session.

I'd be surprised 9p had something to do with that, but who knows...

> > May you send us a Whisperback report next time you stumble on that issue please?
> I would have :-) However, because I was unable to get back into the session, I could not run Whisperback.

Next time then! :)

> > I've been using 3.6~rc1, the screen locker and the automatic locking of
> > the screen since yesterday and I can reliably unlock it using my
> > administration password. So I would say that it works for me.
> Today, I haven't run into the issue when using 3.6~rc1. So, perhaps I
> might have run into a general GNOME desktop lockdown or input handling
> issue. One thing that struck me as odd, was that I was not always able
> to input the Administrator password, but only able to append in the
> text box. The right mouse click, "Show Text" feature did work,
> however.

Yes, that may be a GNOME issue.

> If I run into the issue again, I'd be glad to provide as much
> meaningful details as possible - and try to reproduce it further in a
> regular Debian testing GNOME3 install. In case I don't run into the
> issue again, I may have inadvertently wasted your time - in which case
> I apologise.

Don't, you hit a bug, it's good we hear about it, specially since you're
testing a RC. :)

cheers,

bert.