Re: [Tails-dev] Review of verification-extension

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Review of verification-extension
Uzair Farooq:
>> - Can we not verify automatically once the download is finished?
>
> As far as I know, chrome does not allow you to read local files. Someone
> has mentioned this workaround
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41767585/chrome-extension-to-access-content-of-downloaded-files
> but I'm not sure if it'll work, we'll have to try.

Uzair: I think we shouldn't bother doing this.

We took as an hypothesis when designing the page that we couldn't detect
the end of the download (as you told us already).

So the current page has been designed (and briefly tested) with this
assumption in mind and if we could detect the end of the download we
would have to redesign important parts which I'd rather not do at this
point.