Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype …

Author: sajolida
To: Uzair Farooq
CC: Muhammad Usman Subhani, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype for new download page]
Uzair Farooq:
> I've merged your changes.

Thanks!

And thanks as well for adding a README. I improved it further with 05aee0a.

Still, I removed your commit e0337ec ("Move all source code to src
directory") because it makes the tree structure simpler.

So be careful when merging my changes. Maybe you can do:

    git fetch upstream
    git reset --hard upstream/master

I also published your last changes on AMO as 0.93 (see Git tag).

>> While doing this I came to wonder whether the version check was not broken
>> again: the page asks for 1.0 minimum while it's 0.92 that is on AMO and the
>> extension set 'data-extension="up-to-date"' on the page.
>
> Not sure if I understand correctly. I set the extension-version to 1.0 on
> web page and the installed extension version was 0.92. Extension correctly
> sets the variable 'document.documentElement.dataset.extension' to
> 'outdated' in this case.

Actually, it was the display update on "extension-installed" that was
breaking the call to update. See fe49231991 on the website.

It's working again now! :)

>> So could you replace that duplicated code with a message like you tried
>> to do originally in 412cb50?
>
> I've moved the logic to website. The extension now sends message and
> website then shows 'Verification' view.

This works too!

All the blockers are cleared now and I'll see if I can release the new
download page this afternoon. Yeah!