Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype …

Author: Uzair Farooq
To: sajolida
CC: Muhammad Usman Subhani, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype for new download page]
I've merged your changes.

> While doing this I came to wonder whether the version check was not broken

again: the page asks for 1.0 minimum while it's 0.92 that is on AMO and the
extension set 'data-extension="up-to-date"' on the page.

Not sure if I understand correctly. I set the extension-version to 1.0 on
web page and the installed extension version was 0.92. Extension correctly
sets the variable 'document.documentElement.dataset.extension' to
'outdated' in this case.

> So could you replace that duplicated code with a message like you tried

to do originally in 412cb50?

I've moved the logic to website. The extension now sends message and
website then shows 'Verification' view.