Re: [Tails-testers] Bluetooth boot

Autore: Zalan Kircsak
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Bluetooth boot
Hello ,

Thank you for your answer, however it is a little bit late. No problem with that at all, i already have the solution for the previous topic. I have bought a small netbook, and running tails 2.9 .
On the other hand, i still had the first pendrive with tails 3.1, and i am using that without persistency on my main computer with VPN. This laptop is a Vaio Z Canvas, and it's keyboard can be taken off and working with bluetooth.  Thank you however for your answer, and i wish you the best.

Zalan

-------- Eredeti levél --------

Feladó: intrigeri <intrigeri@???>
Dátum: 2017 november 11 14:00:55
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-testers] Bluetooth boot
Címzett: Zalan Kircsak <zalanqq@???>

Hi,

[I'm leaving this thread on tails-testers@ even though it's a little
bit off-topic, because we don't have a public support mailing list
where I could discuss this with Zalan anymore.]

Zalan Kircsak:
> Ever since the previous update, Tails worked like a charm. Never had any difficulty
> with anything. Now after the update, the greeting screen (persistency) will not react
> to anything I do. Before this I used Bluetooth devices(keyb+mouse) , but never got
> a problem.

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm very surprised Bluetooth keyboard & mouse worked previously: we're
not shipping the software I thought was needed to make them work.
I must be missing something and this makes me curious. Could you
please send a report with WhisperBack from an older version of Tails,
where your Bluetooth keyboard & mouse did work? Please mention in your
report that it should be forwarded to me.

Now, we have no short-term plans to re-enable Bluetooth, so in order
to address your use case let's focus on what follows:

> Now even if I connect the wired keyboard and wired mouse, nothing
> moves the cursor,  nor writes anything.  I can not use the operating
> system anymore.

Wow, that's strange. How are these keyboard and mouse connected? USB?
Could you please try:

- another USB port (ideally, a USB 2.0 one)
- plugging the keyboard and mouse before starting the computer
- plugging the keyboard and mouse only once Tails Greeter appears on
the screen

?