Re: [Tails-dev] CSS fixes

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] Improving ikiwiki upstream [was: CSS fixes]
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] CSS fixes
sajolida:
> CSS is notoriously painful to work with in the project because nobody
> likes it, our CSS are super messy, ikiwiki is crap in this regard, etc.

Taking a step back.

I notice that this year again, we're working around ikiwiki
limitations for the donation campaign. Of course we haven't much
choice given the timing. But it would be nice to translate these
limitations into upstream bug reports *at some point*, otherwise we'll
keep repeating "ikiwiki is crap in this regard" and inventing new
workarounds as long as we use ikiwiki, which makes me sad, makes
everyone involved spend time rather pointlessly, and contradicts our
"Relationship with upstream" statement.

I'd be happy to help translate "ikiwiki is crap in this regard" into
actionable bug reports, but I can't do it alone.