Re: [Tails-dev] CSS fixes

Author: u
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] CSS fixes
Hi!

sajolida:
> u:
>> sajolida:
>>> u:

> So I procrastinated for about one hour on removing the subtitle from our
> canonical logo. This allowed me then to reuse it as such in the banner
> and have the exact same version work on mobile as well. We're down from
> 3 variations to 1!
>
> I pushed that in feature/smallCSSfixes.
>
> Tell me what you think.
>
> The ticket about removing the subtitle from the logo: #14835.
> But I'll raise the issue on tails-project@ as well.
>
> And regarding your branch, I'm fine merging it once we agree on
> something regarding the logo (or even before if you think it will be a
> complicated discussion).

I find it quite problematic to have this discussion now :( I really
don't want this to stop us from launching our donation campaign. So
let's please not do that. It's been way too complicated already to make
some tiny CSS fixes. Not only is my build wiki setup problematic, but
every time we start moving something somewhere, new issues come up, and
ground discussions are ignited which makes it very very hard for me to
keep my motivation when waiting and working for over three weeks to get
some lines of CSS merged.

> Still, I spotted one little detail (see attachment): in the Farsi
> version the search box is much taller. I narrowed the problem down to
> having a bigger line-height in the input field in there (34px instead of
> 22px reported by Tor Browser). Then I couldn't see where this was coming
> from... But I think we can ignore that, unless you find a quick way of
> solving it.

I'll look at that later today.

Cheers!
u.