Re: [Tails-ux] Draft survey on VeraCrypt usage

Autore: Thomas
To: Tails user experience & user interface design, sajolida, segfault
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-ux] Draft survey on VeraCrypt usage
As a random person on the list...
    I have always wondered why there is not an option at log-in to
enter an alternative password that deletes/erases a volume?
Best option would be to have it delete one of several volumes, the one
that you do not want found, and leave one or 2 less sensitive decoy
usable volumes...    (plausible deniability, etc.)

secondarily, on surveys, I often like the open-ended-essay question
option as there are often things that I can not answer simply or are not
included in the survey that I want to bring up...    I can always skip
it if I have nothing to say    ... In this case, I very much do like the
option of accessing some file from my host computer that I have stored
there but might want to access while using TAILS
    Thanks for all that you do here!!
Tom

>> A few things:
>>
>> Re: "Which operating system other than Tails do you use the most?"
>> I would add an "Other" option to the question, or else people using
>> other OSes might feel left out.
> Other OSes like what? BSD and such? Chrome OS?
> I bet these would be as few as "Other Linux" so I'm replacing "Other
> Linux" with an open "Other" field. See attachment.
>
> I will still keep "Debian & Ubuntu" separate because:
>
> - I suspect it would still be the third most popular family of OSes.
> - We tend to treat Debian & Ubuntu a bit differently (cf. Installation)
>    so I'm curious about having general stats on this outside of the scope
>    of the VeraCrypt survey :)

when wondering just what to ask, the question of what purpose could an
answer serve is a good guide, but there are times when we do not know
which info. will be useful in the future...     (I use several)

>> I wonder why I don't get asked if I encrypt my entire system if I choose
>> any other OS than Windows. Does TC/VC support this only on Windows?
> That's what I understood, both reading
> https://www.veracrypt.fr/en/System%20Encryption.html and searching a bit
> online.
>
> But maybe I missed something...

Several OSes ask on instalation if you want to encrypt the disk, but
those of course are seperate from veracrypt, tho this might influence
the choices and/or be interesting...