[Tails-ux] Questions for VeraCrypt user research

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design, segfault, anonym
Subject: [Tails-ux] Questions for VeraCrypt user research
Hi,

I started drafting questions for VeraCrypt user research that we will
conduct before December. The goal is to orient our design and the scope
of our work on adding VeraCrypt support to GNOME Disks and GNOME Files
#14468.

The main tool that we will use to answer these questions is an online
survey linked from our website.

And here are the questions I could come up with so far:

Success:

- How many people use VeraCrypt in Tails after our work in comparison
with before?
- How many people who were using VeraCrypt outside of Tails but couldn't
use it in Tails can use it after our work?

Scope:

- Which fraction of VeraCrypt volume are encrypted file containers?
encrypted partitions?
- Are people encrypting their full operating system with VeraCrypt?
- Which fraction of users are using hidden volumes?
- Which fraction of users are using keyfiles? Why? How?

Behaviors:

- Do people share files between Tails and their regular operating
system? Why? How?
- Can we rely on file containers having a .tc or .hc extension?

Anything else I'm missing? Any question that is badly framed?