[Tails-dev] Tails, Tor and uBlock Origin

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: J.carrapa
À: tails-dev@boum.org
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Tails, Tor and uBlock Origin
I've understood that no one should install any add-ons to Tor (and only use the ones that are already installed), because someone could be able to fingerprint the user if he/she did it. The fact that Tor on Tails already comes with uBlock Origin (while Tor for other OSs don't) makes me wonder: can't someone use fingerprinting techniques to distinguish users from Tor on Tails and Tor on other OSs? And shouldn't we worry about that?
My impression is that if Tor requires users to have the same add-ons to prevent fingerprinting, then there should be a single standard (same add-ons) for both Tails Tor and other OSs Tor, or am I missing something?

Thank you for your time!

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.