Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.2 rc1 boots with display at maxi…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.2 rc1 boots with display at maximum brightness
Hi,

tails@???:
> Unlike Tails 3.1, 3.2 rc1 boots my laptop with the display at maximum brigthness.
> This happens *very* early in the boot process. Brighness returns to what I consider
> "normal" (several steps lower) as soon as the keyboard is used to reduce the display
> brightness by just ->1<- step.

> So it appears Tails/Debian knows what normal brightness is.

> Hardware: Lenovo Thinkpad T410 w/Intel i5 4GB RAM

> Tails 3.1 runs on this laptop with no issues whatsoever.

Thank you for this report!

I've noticed weird display brightness handling earlier today on
a MacBook Pro but did not investigate yet.

Please report a bug from 3.2~rc1 so we have enough information to
debug this:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/bug_reporting/

… and please ask in your bug report to forward it to myself and anonym.