Re: [Tails-project] Preparing the next monthly report

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Preparing the next monthly report
u:
> intrigeri:
>> What I recall from when we decided to start doing these reports again
>> is that the responsible person is more a report editor than a writer:
>> 1. they curate / polish / publish content written by whoever feels like
>> reporting about their work; 2. not reporting about everything that
>> happened is fine. IIRC we felt we needed this "take it easy" approach
>> to make the whole thing realistic. Now, if some report editors are
>> willing to put more effort into it, great :)

> I don't think that we formalized this.

Indeed. What I've described is a proposal sajolida made back then:
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-project/2016-January/000425.html
… that I agreed with:
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-project/2016-January/000426.html
… but nobody lead this part of the discussion to a formal decision.

> It's clear that we can't expect everybody to spend a lot of time on this
> and that the people who did the work are basically the ones who know
> best how to describe what they did during the past month.

> I found it sometimes enlightening to go to Redmine and see what has been
> done, and make this visible to our users.

Sure :)

> But it's not a requirement indeed.

So perhaps we can now encode the current real-file practice (i.e.
basically what sajolida proposed in the email I'm linking to above) in
a formal way?

Cheers!