Re: [Tails-project] Preparing the next monthly report

Author: u
To: tails-project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Preparing the next monthly report
Hi!

intrigeri:
> u:
>> I thought that it was up to the report writer to check for such code
>> changes in Redmine and on tails-dev? Except for infrastructure work,
>> this should be possible more or less. But I understand this is painful
>> to go through yourself without any input from code writers.
>
> What I recall from when we decided to start doing these reports again
> is that the responsible person is more a report editor than a writer:
> 1. they curate / polish / publish content written by whoever feels like
> reporting about their work; 2. not reporting about everything that
> happened is fine. IIRC we felt we needed this "take it easy" approach
> to make the whole thing realistic. Now, if some report editors are
> willing to put more effort into it, great :)

I don't think that we formalized this. We simply said that we wanted to
have these reports again and in practice, since February 2016, it's
happening more or less the way that you describe.

It's clear that we can't expect everybody to spend a lot of time on this
and that the people who did the work are basically the ones who know
best how to describe what they did during the past month.

I found it sometimes enlightening to go to Redmine and see what has been
done, and make this visible to our users. But it's not a requirement indeed.

> I, for one, will not commit to do more than editing.

Fine with me.

Cheers!
u.