Re: [Tails-project] GUADEC

Author: sajolida
New-Topics: [Tails-project] Report from GUADEC
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] GUADEC
Alan:
> I plan to go through tickets to see things related to GNOME, and
> continue to link our two communities. But if there is there anything
> special that you think I should talk to GNOME people or do during the
> conference, please write it!

On the top of my head:

1. We will work on integrating VeraCrypt in GNOME. So if you meet some
udisks, Nautilus or cryptsetup people maybe at least mention this to
them and put them in touch with us if they're interested in learning
more before we hit their bug tracker.

2. I considered Deja Dup to do backups of the persistent storage but
found many UX limitation while testing [1]. If you meet any Deja Dup
people, it might be interesting to share this with them and pick their
brain regarding the health and future of the project or any worthy
alternative.

[1]: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/backups/#index3h2.

3. intrigeri recently updated #8281: "Consider replacing Florence with
GNOME's own on-screen keyboard". I didn't read through his analysis in
details but maybe you should and then see if it's worth asking insights
about the upcoming development of the GNOME Screen Keyboard.

4. Have fun!