[Tails-dev] Create random seed at installation time with Tai…

Author: kurono
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Create random seed at installation time with Tails Installer
Hi,

I have been analyzing how to implement this:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/11897

and the difficult point here is where to locate the seed file on
installation time.
I see two options:

* The natural place to put it is in the usual seed file, inside the
Tails file system (filesystem.squashfs). But this would imply to extract
the image, change the file, and create a new image, which would be a lot
of extra work. Another disadvantage is that it makes any further file
integrity checking impossible.

* The other option is to locate it outside of the tails file system, let
say the "binary" part, and link the random init script to this file,
only if we are creating it by the installer.

I don't know if this last option is even possible.
Are there already some examples of it? Maybe the syslinux, etc?

cheers,
kurono