Re: [Tails-l10n] [help needed] Tails l10n for Chinese

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [help needed] Tails l10n for Chinese
Hi,

jx tsai:
> After discussing with some friends, we are going to form a Chinese
> language team for TAILS.

Amazing!

Note that the thing is called Tails, not TAILS :)

> 1. We learn that TAILS also adopting the weblate platform for
> collaborative translation (https://translate.tails.boum.org). Can we
> ask to add the Chinese language packs ( both in zh-Hans and zh-Hant )
> on this platform ? It's easier for other new comers to use it as a
> working space for translation.

That platform is quite far from being ready for production use, sorry!
For now you'll have to stick to Git. I'm curious what made you think
otherwise, I'd like to fix this confusing/mistaken source of information.

> 2. We're also thinking to hold a localization sprint plus cryptoparty
> in our communities. I wonder is there any statistics figures available
> about TAILS downloads / visitors to TAILS official website from East
> Asia (China/ Taiwan/ Hong Kong / Singapore.., these Mandarin
> community) ? This info may help us to identify potential users for
> outreach and priority of these localization works.

We have no such information as our website doesn't keep IP addresses
in logs.